Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 181 - Santa

A mid summer reminder.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 180 - Colin and Mike

Colin and Mike are BACK! They haven't been around since February. Well it's good to see them again.

Day 179 - Lions

Just working on expressions with something other than a human face. The drawing in the middle is a rip off of the great master Milt Kahl. However in doing that one drawing I found some amazing solutions to doing a lion's face. Those old Disney guys sure knew what they were doing.

Day 178 - Faces

Just sketching. Not much of a story tonight.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 177 - Happy Birthday Abe

Happy Birthday Cousin! I miss hanging out. My family and I need to head out to Colorado soon.

Day 176 - Face

Not sure what I was doing here.

Day 175 - Shapes

I'm doing a little experiment with shapes.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 174 - Off Model

I started with a face I liked and ended up off model in the end. I drew these Right to Left in case you were wondering.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 173 - Snap

Let's just say some nights being a father are rougher than others.

Day 172 - King Kong In SF

Two things tonight. One, my wife had a great idea that I start labeling the day with a title. Done. Two, I was wondering what would have happened if King Kong came to SF.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 171 - Father's Day

Happy Father's Day Dad. Thanks for being our support, our protection, and our jungle gym. Love you.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 170 - Expressions

I've had enough birds for this week.

Day 169 - BIRDS!


Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 168 - Batty

Going a little batty tonight.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 167 - Birds

Tonight flew by.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 166 - Birds

Tonight was for the birds.

Day 165 - Dog Exercises

Some exercises.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 164 - Feel Empty

Did a bit of drinking on Sunday.

Day 163 - Gardening

Did a bit of gardening on Saturday.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 161 - Bird Exercises

I have to say I'm really enjoying these exercises. Sorry for lack of goofy content. It'll be back.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 160 - Wolf Exercises

This one got a little crazy, but it was fun. I'm having a great time doing these.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 159 - Goat Exercises

More exercises. Tough night.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 158 - Dog Exercises

Back to the academic studies. I love how if I draw some cartoons out of a Preston Blair book I can call it academic. HA HA ha...

Day 157 - To Bed

So this one was cranked out because I stayed up WAY too late the night before watching movies (Loved "The Brothers Bloom". Very entertaining. I really like how it was told.). I'll let you guess what I really wanted to do after finishing this drawing.

Day 156 - Movies!

Okay, so the "Academic" studies thing took a back seat to a few Netflix sitting on my DVD player for three months. I cranked out this bad boy because one, I was excited to watch a movie!! It's been too long. (By the way "The Informant" was awesome.) And two, the entire family had gone to bed early and I would be able to put on my headphones and CRANK the sound. Ahhhh... so nice. I am a movie junkie after all.

Day 155 - Face Exercises

Looks like "Gone Nuts" is going to have to be put on hold for a bit. I've hit a rut and need to go back to some academic studies. Basically I'm feeling stagnant so I'm going back to studying real life a bit. These are faces based loosely on random people. It's fun to experiment from real life.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 154 - Gone Nuts

Previously on "Gone Nuts"...

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 153 - Gone Nuts

Previously on "Gone Nuts"...

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 152 - Gone Nuts

Looks like he's "Gone Nuts".

Day 151 - Thank You

I want to thank all the men and women who have served/are serving in the United States Armed Forces. With out your sacrifices I may not be able to sit here and draw goofy pictures just for the fun of it. Thank you.

Day 150 - Nose improvement

Let's face it. This night was pretty much a throw away. However I did discover a fun way to draw a nose. See that silver lining? There it is!

Day 149 - Big Trees

The next night up in the mountains was a race to beat the sun setting and the wine flowing. Both went down too easily.

Day 148 - Cabin Decoration

My family and I went up to my parent's cabin near Bear Valley for the long weekend. The next few drawings were done with too much wine and not enough patience. Excuses? Yes they are. Here's a drawing of a wooden bear sculpture that was on the coffee table. I think it's law that if you own a cabin 83 percent of your decoration has to include a bear of some kind. The other 17 percent of bears in this particular cabin is due to my parents being alumni of the University of California, Berkeley. Go Bears.