Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Week 6 Animation - Watch Your Six Part 2

This week is the conclusion to "Watch Your Six". I've had fun playing with ones versus twos and even some threes this week. It's amazing how much freedom you have playing with holding frames. You can get some really snappy fun actions when you play with twos versus the smooth action of ones. Then again sometimes you really need ones to sell the action because it's just happening too fast. I've never really had the opportunity to do this kind of experimentation since I've been doing CG animation my whole career and CG is totally on ones. Reading all those books about how to animate in 2D is really making sense now.

6 comments:

Mullins said...

That is... totally awesome. :)

Unknown said...

agreed! this is great jim!

Andy said...

Rock on

jbr0wn6 said...

Thanks guys. Knowing you're out there and checking in keeps me going.
Cheers.

Jimmy said...

hey Jim! It's my first time on your blog post, and this TOTALLY blows my mind... Will be visiting everyday!!

jbr0wn6 said...

Well Damn Jimmy. What took you so long?! HA! Thanks for the compliment.
Cheers.