Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy 2011!!

With 2010 in the books it's time to come up with a new New Year's Resolution. I've put a lot of thought into this. I had to consider what's realistic as well as what will push me to learn. My answer!?!?

An Animation A Week!

Yes. A little crazy, but I'm not limiting myself here. It can be a flip book on a post-it pad or some stop motion or especially Flash animation. My goal is to get better at animation as a whole. However do not expect to see anything work relate or anything "CG" for that matter(even though Flash is technically Computer Generated, but that's a whole other debate for another time). There is no frame limit or mandatory subject matter. I'm hoping to leave this open and see where I go. Wish me luck. Oh... Here's the first week's animation:



Update: Embedded YouTube Video for higher resolution.

7 comments:

REIGNSoner said...

You sir are a maniac...and I love it! Get it buddy...get it!

West Munz said...

Awesome Jim! Totally insane, but totally awesome. I look forward to it! Good luck!

Andy said...

John K's hiring, you're a shoo-in!

http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2011/01/help-wanted.html

Raquel Rabbit said...

That's an awesome idea Jim! I think i'll copy you and do the same. Can I?? please? also, why i can't see your this week's animation??? i want to see it!

on a side note: you are an awesome guy and i miss working with you! I didn't know you had a blog, so now i'm definitely subscribing. Cheers!

Morgan Loomis said...

Awesome resolution, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! For inspiration, this guy's got a similar goal: http://yonigoodman.blogspot.com/

jbr0wn6 said...

Thanks for the support everyone.
Raquel, feel free to join in. I'd love to have the company! You should be able to see the animation now. I've embedded a youtube link.
Morgan, thanks for the link. That guy is sick! I don't think I could manage an animation a day.
Cheers.
-JB

Daniel Harris said...

Awesome idea! Power to you :-D